|ÔN THI TN THPT 2017|
|NGUỒN TRA CỨU|
|THỐNG KÊ TRUY CẬP|
|KỈ NIỆM THPT CVA |
|RÈN LUYỆN KỸ NĂNG|
|MỖI NGÀY NÊN HỌC|
|WEBSITE LIÊN KẾT |
|CẢNH ĐẸP VIỆT NAM|
|KHẢO SÁT Ý KIẾN|
Main » 2014 » Tháng 2 » 19 » Word Formation
3:00 PMWord Formation
Chuyên Đề Word Formation (HSG & LTĐH) - Phần 1 |
Bên cạnh Chuyên Đề Viết Lại Câu và Chuyên Đề Tìm Lỗi Sai còn có một chuyên đề khác mà các bạn cũng thường gặp trong các kì thi, đặc biệt Thi Đại Học, và Thi Học Sinh Giỏi, đó là Word Forms. Phần này sẽ không khó nếu các bạn biết được từ loại (Parts of Speech) của một từ, tức nếu bạn có từ đó là động từ thì bạn phải biết danh từ, tính từ, trạng từ, tiền tố, hậu tố…của nó (nếu có) là gì.
Put the correct form of the word in brackets into the blank.
1. In the future the public will have a wider choice of television programs. (CHOOSE)
2. Looking after the health of 700 children is heavy responsibility. (RESPONSIBLE)
3. The town spent more money on housing and health than ever before (HOUSE)
4. Do you have any particular preference where we sit? (PREFER)
5. There’s a striking contrast between what he does and what he says. (STRIKE)
6. The party turned out to be a huge disappointment. (DISAPPOINT)
7. He was fined and disqualified for reckless driving (QUALIFY).
8. Is it possible to remove the smell from the books that have been in storage for such a long time? (STORE)
9. Many people are interested in job satisfaction more than in earning large amount of money (SATISFY).
10. I hadn’t made a reservation, so I just got on the first flight available. (RESERVE)
11. The anti-doping association believes that all sports must be free of drug abuse (USE).
12. The country is facing a population explosion. (EXPLODE)
13. It is advisable to fasten your seat-belts before take-off (ADVISE)
14. She claimed unemployment benefit for over six months. (EMPLOY)
15. Tax evasion is one of the biggest problems that face the new country. (EVADE)
16. You can basically wear what you want but there is an unwritten law that says you must not wear jeans. (WRITE)
17. The management course is being paid for by the company. (MANAGE)
18. It’s a crying shame that she didn’t have a better chance in life. (CRY)
19. The farm house we stayed in was completely off the beaten track. (BEAT)
20. The police searched the house systematically. (SYSTEM)
(1), (2), (4), (5), (6), (16), (18): a/an + adj + noun
(3): This is a parallel structure, which is a noun (housing) and a noun (health).
(7): This is a passive voice, which needs a past participle.
(8): It absolutely needs a noun.
(10) A + noun
(13) It is + adj
(9), (11), (12), (14), (15), (17): noun + noun
(19) Off the beaten track (adj) ~ off the beaten path: not well-known or popular with many people.
(20) S + V (bare inf) + O + Adv
|Total comments: 0|