1. Nowadays elephants are one of the __________ species in the world. They need protecting.
2. Choose the word which is pronounced differently from the others
3. This assignment must be 3000 words in _______
4. When I was little, my father said ______ talk to strangers
A. that I don’t
C. I shouldn’t
D. that shouldn’t
5. We hope that the students themselves will enjoy taking _____ in the projects
6. Hot weather makes me _____ uncomfortable
B. to feel
7. If you take a good book on your hand, you will find it hard __________.
A. to read it
B. to put it down
C. to pick it up
D. to enjoy it
8. I look forward to seeing you_________ Christmas.
9. My friend is very ______. If you need any help, you can ask him
10. He says he'll pick me________ at 3.30 this afternoon.
11. You will become ill ______ you stop working so hard like that.
12. She has bread for _____
A. the breakfast
B. a breakfast
D. some breakfast
13. Gloria never seems to get tired. I wish I ______ her energy
A. have had
B. would have
14. If I _________ cross a desert, I’d probably find a camel and a guide.
B. am to
C. had to
D. have to
15. My sister is ______ in music
16. “Hello! My name is Lan. Nice to meet you”. “Hello! __________”
B. That fine
C. I’m Mai. Pleased to meet you
17. She told him __________ up hope.
A. not give
B. do not give
C. not to give
D. to give not
18. The newspaper is a common means of _____
19. When the alarm rang, Peter ________ out of bed quickly.
A. had jumped
B. was jumping
C. has jumped
20. Money cannot buy true________
21. His parents were not_______ his failure in the final examination.
A. pleasing about
B. to please at
C. to be pleased for
D. pleased with
22. What are the ____________ between women’s in old times and women in modern times?
23. At the end of the letter Lan wrote, “Give my best ______ to your parents.”
24. Would you mind _____ me a hand with this bag?
C. to have given
D. to give
25. He says that he wants_________
A. to be rich and famous
B. rich and famous
C. be rich and famous
D. to rich and famous
26. Tommy was one_________
A. of the happy child of his class
B. child who was the happiest of all the class
C. of the happiest child in the class
D. of the happiest children in the class
27. An endangered species is a species ___ population is so small that is in danger of becoming extinct
28. I'll give it to Nam if I_______ him tomorrow.
A. will meet
C. am going to meet
D. have met
29. This shirt is ______ big for me to wear.
30. I’ll go on holiday ______ I can
A. as soon as
31. Thank you________ me not to smoke.
A. to advising
B. to advise
C. for advise
D. for advising
32. "I go to school by bicycle". She says_________
A. I go to school by bicycle
B. She goes to school by bicycle
C. I went to school by bicycle
D. She went to school by bicycle
33. Thousands of years ago giraffes had much_________necks than the; have now.
C. less short
D. least short
34. He thought of his childhood _________ he worked in the country.
35. I hurried ___________ I wouldn’t be late for class.
A. as if
C. so that
36. A good student must know ___________
A. to be a good student
B. to study hard
C. how to study effectively
D. the way of efficiency in study
37. You _______better study a lot next week if you want to get through that exam.
38. “Why are you learning English?” – “ ______ I need it for my job”
39. Choose the word which is pronounced differently from the others
40. That is the ____________ interesting novel I’ve ever read.
41. He________ a cup of coffee every morning.
C. has drunk
D. is drinking
42. There was hardly _____ money left in my bank account
43. We cannot believe that he is the man_________ saved you from drowning.
44. She cannot accept the invitation because______ her sickness.
45. The farmers____________in the field now.
A. were working
B. have worked
D. are working
46. Everyone _____ what they have to do, don’t they?
B. do know
D. have known
47. Neither Dick ____ Tom knows how to speak German
48. Your friends won't be late, ___________ ?
A. will they
B. won't they
C. is it
D. isn't it
49. The weather this summer has been most_________
50. Warm your ________ up before you jump into a swimming pool so that you won’t be cold.